Karnal chemical cluster (Haryana)
The Karnal chemical cluster houses a mix of large-scale and MSME units, manufacturing various types of chemical products. There are about 107 chemical manufacturing units in Karnal cluster, of which 91 units are operational. About 53% of the units produce pharma-related products, but account for only about 10–15% of the overall cluster production, estimated at 104,528 tpy.
Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), soaps, detergents, paints, etc.
Number of MSMEs
Electricity, coal, oil (LDO/FO/HSD)
Production & turnover
Total energy consumption (toe)
36,590 toe (electricity—8375 toe; biomass—12,314 toe; NG—7012 toe; oil—8889 toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Karnal Paints & Chemicals Association
- Haryana Chamber of Commerce & Industry http://www.hcci.in/index.php
- CFC Pharma Cluster Pvt. Ltd. (Common Facility Centre), Karnal
- MSME Development & Facilitation Office (MSME-DFO), Karnal
- Department of New & Renewable Energy, Haryana
Source: Data pertains to 2019–20, collected primarily under the BEE project ‘Energy and Resource Mapping of MSME Clusters’.