Rajkot auto components cluster (Gujarat)
Rajkot has a large cluster of MSMEs manufacturing auto components for a number of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) as well as to meet the requirements of the after-sale-services markets of these industries. There are about 160 MSME units in the cluster, of which 80 are micro; 65 small; and 15 medium in size. The castings and forged parts required for manufacturing auto components are generally sourced from foundries and forging units. Some auto components are manufactured directly from round bars by machining.
Auto components like crankshafts, connecting rods, kingpins, tappet valves, cylinder liners, differential cases, gear shifter shafts and rocker arms, cam shafts , valve guides, pistons and rings, etc.
Number of MSME
210 million auto component pieces per annum
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Rajkot Engineering Association (REA) - http://www.reaindia.com/
- Institute of Indian Foundrymen (IIF)-Rajkot Chapter - https://www.indianfoundry.org/
- MSME Development Institute (MSME-DI), Ahmedabad/Rajkot - http://www.msmediahmedabad.gov.in/
- District Industrial Profile of Rajkot - http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/dips/DIPS,%20RAJKOT-guj.pdf
- NSIC Technical Services Centre, Rajkot - http://www.nsic.co.in/NTSC/NTSC-Rajkot.aspx
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) - http://cmti-india.net/