Rajkot plastic industries (Gujarat)
The industrial hub of Rajkot district hosts a prominent cluster of about 300 plastic industries. Most of the units are located in and around Rajkot city. The majority of units in the cluster are MSMEs. The product-wise distribution of units is as follows: pipes and fittings-95 units; polybags, woven and non-woven sacks-65 units; moulded household items-55 units; roll straps and others-85 units. The cluster provides employment to about 10,000 people.
Plastic products such as PVC pipes and fittings; polybags; woven and non-woven sacks; moulded furniture; water tanks and pipes; roll straps; etc.
Number of MSMEs
Electricity; natural gas (NG); LPG; high speed diesel (HSD)
Production & turnover
196,210 tpa; Rs 1500 crores (15 billion)
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Saurashtra Plastic Manufacturers Association(SPMA) http://spma.org.in/
- Rajkot Plastic Manufacturers Association(RPMA) http://www.rajkotplastic.com/
- Rajkot Engineering Association (REA) http://www.reaindia.com/
- GIDC (Lodhika) Industrial Association (GLIA) http://gidclodhika.com/
- AJI (GIDC) Industries Association
- Shapar-Veraval Industrial Association http://www.sviarajkot.com/
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) http://www.cmti-india.net/
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), Rajkot http://www.nsic.co.in/NTSCRAJK.asp
- District Industries Centre (DIC), Rajkot http://ic.gujarat.gov.in/?page_id=1529
- MSME Development Institute (MSME-DI), Ahmedabad/Rajkot) http://www.msmediahmedabad.gov.in/
Source: Data pertains to 2015-16, collected primarily under the TERI-SDC EESE project.