Panipat textile cluster
Panipat, a city in Haryana, is an important cluster of industrial units manufacturing textile products. There are about 3095 MSMEs in this cluster, of which 1915 units (62%) manufacture home furnishing products. Panipat accounts for about 75% of the total blankets produced in India.A majority of the units are located in the industrial areas of Sector 25 (I&II) and Sector 29 (I&II), Haryana Urban Development Authority and the Panipat industrial area.
Home furnishings such as cotton and woolen floor coverings (durries, carpets), blankets, bed covers, mats, cushion covers, etc.
Number of MSMEs
Biomass; electricity; pet coke; high speed diesel (HSD)
Production & turnover
Rs 950 crores (9.5 billion)
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Haryana Chamber of Commerce and Industries (HCCI) http://www.hcci.in
- Haryana Carpet Manufacturers Association (HCMA) http://www.hcma.in/
- Panipat Dyers Association
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) http://www.nsic.co.in/
- Panipat District – official website http://panipat.gov.in/factfile.html
Source: Data pertains to 2015–16, collected primarily under the TERI–SSEF project