Khurja potteries cluster (Uttar Pradesh)
Khurja has one of the oldest pottery clusters in the country. A majority of the pottery units are located around Khurja town, about 100 kilometers from Delhi. There are about 400 small-scale units in the cluster engaged in production of various types of ceramic products. Tunnel kilns and shuttle kilns are used to fire the ceramic products.
Ceramic products like crockery, insulators and other electrical items, laboratory ware, bone china ware, sanitary and decorative items.
Number of MSMEs
Light diesel oil (LDO); rubber process oil (RPO); piped natural gas (PNG); electricity
Production & turnover
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Khurja Pottery Manufacturers Association (KPMA)
- Khurja Pottery Raw Materials Association (KPRMA)
- Khurja Kutir Udyog Associations (KKUA)
- Central Glass and Ceramics Research Institute, Khurja http://www.cgcri.res.in/list.php?c=khurja
- Indian Ceramic Society http://indianceramicsociety.org
- MSME-DI, Agra: Brief industrial profile of district Bulandshahar http://www.msmediagra.gov.in/writereaddata/14%20DIPS%20Bulandshahar.pdf
Data pertains to 2015-16, collected primarily under the TERI-SDC EESE project