Jetpur textiles cluster (Gujarat)
Jetpur is one of the largest MSME clusters in India for screen-printing, block printing and yarn dyeing. Located 70 km from Rajkot, the Jetpur cluster is famous for its cotton saris, and is also a major exporter of khanga and kitange (printed fabrics used by Africans for various purposes).There are around 1120 MSMEs engaged in dyeing and printing, with a production capacity of about 567 million metres annually. There are also about 500 ancillary units. The cluster provides indirect employment to about 40,000 people.
Printed cotton cloth for saris, curtains, turbans, khanga, kitange, etc.
Number of MSMEs
Electricity; lignite; biomass briquettes; wood
Production & turnover
2 million metres of printed cloth daily
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- Jetpur Dyeing & Printing Association
- Jetpur Chamber of Commerce
- Jetpur Cotton Dress Traders Association
- Shri Dhareshwar GIDC Vistar Association
- District Industries Centre, Rajkot http://ic.gujarat.gov.in/?page_id=96
- Gujarat Pollution Control Board http://gpcb.gov.in/
Data pertains to 2015-16, collected primarily under the TERI-SDC EESE project