Balasore plastic industries cluster (Odisha)
The Balasore industrial cluster, located within and around Balasore town, includes about 40 MSMEs manufacturing a variety of plastic products. About half the units are engaged in making plastic carrying/packaging materials, pipes & fittings. The plastic units provide employment to about 3000 people.
Plastic products for domestic, industrial, municipal and commercial use— pipes & fittings, sheets, poly-bags and sacks, moulded furniture, water tanks, packaging materials, household items, etc.
Number of MSMEs
Electricity; high speed diesel (HSD); LPG
Production & turnover
62,600 tonnes per annum; Rs 500 crores
Total energy consumption (toe)
Leading industry association(s)
- North Orissa Chamber of Commerce & Industry (NOCCI) http://www.nocci.in/
- Balasore Chamber of Industries & Commerce (BCIC) http://www.bcicbalasore.org/
- Advanced Plastic Processing Technology Centre (APPTC) http://www.cipet.gov.in/centres/su-apptc-balasore/introduction.php
- NOCCI Balasore Infrastructure Company http://www.nocci.in/noccinew/index.html
- MSME-DI, Cuttack http://www.msmedicuttack.gov.in/
Source: Data pertains to 2015-16, collected primarily under the TERI-SDC EESE project