Ahmedabad chemicals cluster (Gujarat)


An important chemical manufacturing cluster is located in Ahmedabad (Gujarat). There are about 750 dyes and chemical manufacturing units in the cluster, spread across Vatva (600 units), GIDC Naroda (100 units)and Odhav (50 units) industrial areas. About 80% of the units produce dyes and dye intermediates, while the remaining 20% manufacture other organic and inorganic chemicals. About 76% of the units have production capacities of 200–600 tonnes per year. The cluster provides employment to about two lakh people.

Products manufactured

Organic and inorganic chemicals including dyes and dye intermediates, agrochemicals, industrial chemicals, paints and pigments, pesticides, etc.

Number of MSMEs


Energy consumption


Main fuels

Natural gas, light diesel oil, furnace oil, white coke,briquette, coal, wood, electricity

Production & turnover

Rs 11,000 crores (i.e. Rs 110 billion) per year

Total energy consumption (toe)

144,624 toe (including NG—105,872 toe; electricity—26,529 toe; coal—8125 toe; biomass—4024 toe)

Leading industry association(s)

Cluster Profile

Click Here

Source: Data pertains to 2019–20, collected primarily under the BEE project ‘Energy and Resource Mapping of MSME Clusters’.

Subscribe for SAMEEEKSHA Newsletter

Can't read the image? click here to refresh
Secretary - SAMEEEKSHA, Industrial Energy Efficiency Division,
TERI, Darbari Seth Block, IHC Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003, India
Tel: +91 11 2468 2100, 2468 2111 | Email: sameeeksha@teri.res.in