CLUSTER PROFILING OF ENERGY INTENSIVE MSME CLUSTERS
People and key organizations
Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (SSEF), TERI
In order to complement the efforts to gather updated energy data on MSME clusters, Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (SSEF) provided support to TERI during 2015-16 to prepare cluster profile reports on 10 energy intensive MSME clusters in the states of Haryana, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu (see table).
The project had the following components.
- Short-listing of 10 new energy-intensive clusters
- Organizing cluster-level workshops jointly with the local industry associations, to bring together various stakeholders including MSME entrepreneurs, SDAs, MSME-DIs, academic institutions and financial agencies on a common platform
- Energy data collection through interactions with the major stakeholders
- Analyses of the energy and technology-related data, broad identification of energy efficient options and preparation of cluster profile reports
- Publication of the cluster profile reports and widespread dissemination among cluster and national-level stakeholders
|1.||Haryana||Kundli cold storage cluster|
|2.||Haryana||Panipat textiles cluster|
|3.||Haryana||Panchkula engineering cluster|
|4.||Haryana||Yamunanagar plywood industry cluster|
|5.||Gujarat||Ahmedabad foundry cluster|
|6.||Gujarat||Bhavnagar-Sihor steel rerolling mills cluster|
|7.||Gujarat||Rajkot machine tools cluster|
|8.||Tamil Nadu||Chennai forging cluster|
|9.||Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore pump set cluster|
|10.||Tamil Nadu||Red Hills rice mills cluster|
More information on this project can be found at http://shaktifoundation.in/.